Week 19: I'M GOING TO FOGO!!!!!!



That's right folks, I'm being transferred to the island of Fogo!!! And I could not be more excited, AHHHHH!! The island of Fogo has a volcano, it's the most beautiful island in the mission, it's the coldest area in the mission, and I'm just couldn't be more stoked!!! And because of transfers being today, I have to be very brief, I'm so sorry!! TRANSFERS ARE INSANE!!!

I'm sad to be leaving my area. Sis Dille and I have been working so so hard here and I think this area will finally see the fruits of our work this next transfer and I'll miss it! But at least I got to play a little part, what a blessing!! I'm going to miss Sis Dille, pretty much I've been serving with my best friend  for 6 weeks and it's been incredible. So fun, so hard, and so perfect, ahhh I LOVE MY GIRL!!  I'm gonna miss our incredible and growing ward. They have worked really hard to better their ward and I'm so proud of them! I'm gonna miss our sweet investigators, truly my friends. They have been so patient with our imperfect teaching and language and everything, and yet they still agree to speak with us and listen to our message. These people are some of the best people I know and I have so so much to learn from  them. Some of our investigators knew I would be leaving soon and just gave me the biggest hugs and  dropped other things they had so they could say goodbye, I'M JUST LIKE WHAT?! Who does that? These sweet sweet Cabo Verdeans, that's who!!

For a spiritual thought, I just need to  bear testimony that miracles are so real. Sis Dille and I worked so hard this week with very little progress, but yesterday, the Lord truly POURED blessings upon us all at once, " That there was not room enough to receive it." I know that the Lord truly does keep and prosper His children that keep His commandments and put their faith in practice and WORK and ACT. I've seen it with my own eyes, and I know that it is nothing short of DIVINE. The Lord is so good, just trust Him!  Trust me, I have to work every single day to improve my trust in Him, it IS a process, but it's a path filled with blessings we cannot comprehend.

I love you all so so much!!! Have the best week!! And.......SEE YOU IN FOGO!!!

Love,
Sister Melo

*

Pics featuring our rock awesome zone, our fav dog named Santo that walks us home every night, FAMILY NIGHT x2, facemasks our last night together TRISTE, and my sister Leila's name written on a bench*






Comments