Week 24 & 25: Anjos do meu Lado

Hello again my wonderful friends and family! I'm sorry, last week I wasn't able to email, but I hope this will do!

Just a couple of things, maybe to make you laugh, smile, or think. All of these things did that for me, and life is so beautiful that way. Let's laugh first!

Hiace rides:
Well I've officially ridden a hiace about 13,786 times these past couple weeks, and my body is FEELING IT. Since I'm small, I tend to have to squish the most, and for all the rides, I've been placed on my left side, chair bar digging into my hip, someone's knee digging into my lower back, my whole body going numb and aching for the hour and a half we're crammed in there, and WOW! I can say that I have bruises all the way down the left side of my body, I'm not kidding haha. Brancinha for the win baby! I'm still living, that's a gift!! And I have to go on two more rides tomorrow! Bruises are just purple memories right? hahahaha

Divisions:
I was able to go on two divisions, one with our Sister training leader, and one with her comp. I had so much fun, it's fun to do a little switcharoo here and there. With Sister Francis (our STL's companion), we hiked  what I like to call the "hill of death" and had the best time doing it. We taught this sweet woman the Plan of Salvation and the Spirit was ever present. Such a beautiful plan for such beautiful people, all made possible by our beautiful Savior. We also took a picture with a wandering donkey, and the rest of the day was spent laughing and telling our stories and discussing missionary work, oh it was amazing!! My division with Sister Woolwine was incredible too, she is the epitome of a leader and I loved getting to learn from her example. 

Spiritual, and an explanation of the title:
So, "Anjos do meu lado", which translates to, "angels by my side", is exactly how I would describe this past transfer, in reality, my whole mission. In my recent scripture study, and from a great talk from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, I have learned a lot about angels. Angels can be those on the other side of the veil, but lately as I've come to realize, there are a whole lot of angels that I associate with face to face here on Earth. For example, my sweet family, friends that will email me out of nowhere words of encouragement and kindness, friends here on the mission who say just what I need to hear, and the list goes on. I have felt the soft, uplifting hand of angels bearing me up when I feel alone, and I cannot deny their existence. I read in Moroni 7 the words of Mormon which perfectly put into words what I've felt; "Have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men." I hope all of you will take the time to recognize the angels that might be standing right next to you, it really puts into perspective how merciful the Lord is in placing just the right people in your life at just the right times :)

I LOVE YOU ALL!! Thank you for being my angels :)
Love, 
Sister Melo







Comments