Week 22? Brancinha

Well hi there! I'm so sorry, I barely have any time, but to explain the title, "brancinha" pretty much means "little white girl," and that is what I've been so lovingly referred to as these past couple weeks haha.
So this email will be a little different. I had a rough week, but these little things kept me going, so I decided to list them off. It's good to focus on the positive right? Well, here come "the little things".....
1. I watched this very proud chicken trip and fall down a hill and I about died laughing. He's fine, his pride just hurt for a second.
2. I got this really cool spiritual thought ready for a less-active we were gonna see, and when we opened up to it in her Book of Mormon, the whole chapter was MISSING! So, I took it as a sign that we needed to change our thought, and I think it worked haha!
3. I tried my hand at cooking this week and it wasn't all that bad!! I made some wicked tortillas, hopefully Cafe Rio hires me when I get home, and a good ol' shepherd's pie. COOKING IS FUN!
4. I have totally broken out around my hairline lately, and my mom and I decided that it's from praying all the time and having my hands cradle my head when I pray. I call them "prayer pimples," I know it sounds gross, but it's true!!
5. We had a baptism!! His name is Domingo and if I've ever seen anyone truly devote themselves to Heavenly Father, it's him. He's so wonderful and it's been so fun to watch him be so excited to take this next step towards ETERNAL HAPPINESS!! Because with baptism and every other covenant we make, that's where we're headed!! Isn't that awesome!!?
6. The kids here are so cute and SO SMART! They take a plastic shopping bag, a couple sticks from the road, and some string, and make a KITE!! I've seen them everywhere around here, it's so cute. The song "Let's go fly a Kite" always runs through my head when I see one :)
7. We helped this sweet lady and her family shell beans for like an hour and just sat, watched the sunset, and talked, and shelled beans. What a sight! What a cute lil' moment!

That's all I've got. Keep looking up when you get down. I'm saying this to myself just as much as I'm saying it to you. I love you all. Thanks for everything!

Love,
Sister Melo

pics featuring our awesome baptism, my first training EVER, some beautiful views, and some other pictures I can't remember haha. ENJOY!
(Mom note: I included this because our connection was terrible so we didn't get to talk today, but I had this image frozen on my screen for several minutes while we tried to make it work.  I just love it!)
(Another Mom note:  This is the new Mission President and his wife that will be taking over the Cape Verde Praia Mission in July)

Comments