Week 23: The Gardens of Fogo

Hello my wonderful friends and family! I'm gonna get started right away if that's alright!

Hiace Rides at 6am
Well, twice this week we rode in a Hiace (pronounced YAS), 30 people in a 12 passenger van style, and we got to watch the beautiful sunrises and man, there's nothing like a sunrise to make you realize how great and powerful our God is! I felt so calm and so still, even in a hiace stuffed to the brim, bumping down the straight and narrow cobblestone roads of Fogo. 

The Gardens
It is so cool, here in Fogo, people live very simply, but very innovatively as well. In many people's houses, or behind it, their families will grow luscious and beautiful gardens, full of grape vines overhead, tomatoes, Melissa, banana trees,spearmint, and other various amazing vegetables in the ground, and it's all green and loved and AHH it's so beautiful! Everyone we see that has one will take us around their garden like a child on Christmas, so excited to show us everything. It's so cute, it makes me want to grow a garden when I get home :) And shoutout to my mom, who has the cutest little garden on the side of our yard, all these gardens reminded me of her and the love she shows it. 

Spiritual
This week, I had some very precious personal experiences as I read in the Book of Mormon for my personal study. I read about the brother of Jared and his ACTIVE and UNWAVERING faith. I was touched and encouraged by his faith that ultimately lead him to see Jesus Christ. I realized that as we exercise our faith, trust in the Lord to make up the difference, and GO and DO, we too can see Jesus Christ in our lives; his glorious love for us, his mysteries, his atonement that saves each of us. It's incredible. So, remember to act in faith. Ask the Lord what to do, He will guide you in your paths. He promises us that several times in the scriptures, and He always keeps His promises, so long as we do our part.
I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Love,
Sister Melo










Comments