Week 27: She's Walkin' on Fire

Hey my wonderful friends and family!!! I've missed you!! Well, this week was a bit brutal, but in good ways!! It's nice and hot here in Fogo, hence, "She's Walkin' on Fire", and the work is slow. We walk and walk and walk and walk and walk some more, just trying to catch anyone. We had a lot fall through this week, but life goes on! And me and my wonderful companion Sister Hendrix have had the best time through it all!


Sea Life
So upon our many walks along the oceanside, because our area is along the oceanside haha, we happened upon a whale just playin' and havin' the time of her life. Then, within 20 minutes, we were waiting to meet one of our appointments in this little area next to a cove and we saw not one, but TWO MASSIVE SEA TURTLES!!! They were HUGE!! I wasn't able to catch a picture, their quick little suckers, but it happened and it was SO COOL!! 

Humbled
Well, let's just say I was humbled in more than one way this week haha. Turns out my Portuguese is awful, my Kriol is worse, and I have no idea what I'm doing. Just kidding, I speak decently, but people here find it fun to make fun of my every mistake in the language, so I have been trying to study a lot more. It's hard, but it will come. And I've taken some hits here and there on my looks, which is always a blast. I've had to learn to laugh a lot of things off, which is a great skill that I don't quite have, but it will come too! I just have to be better in a whole lot of areas and that's a good thing!! We can always improve!! What a blessing!!

Worked to death (quase)
I'm so tired haha, and I think that's great news! It means something is working! Me and my comp work out every day and it feels SO GOOD. We alternate between running and P90X, and then we add an additional 100 pushups and 200 crunches every day. It feels so good, and I feel healthy YAY! And like I said before, we walk and walk and walk in the hot sun all day, and it sure has taken a little bit of a toll on this ol' gal. But I love working. Not a whole lot is coming out of all of our work, not yet. The Lord is good and His timing is perfect, we just have to trust that as long as we're doing the right things and out working our little hearts out, He WILL place people in our paths who are ready and willing to hear the message we carry. It's a beautiful, patient process right?

Well, that's all I've got for you today! I love you and hope you know how wonderful each and every one of you are! Thank you for your support!!

Love your very own,
Sister Melo

Pics! (Probably not in order sorry!)
1. My best friend!!
2. Our cute friends in Atalaia! they were so excited for a picture, the cuties.
3. Family Night!! The more the merrier!
4. A beautiful view, 5 THUMBS UP!!
5. My comp depicting perfectly how I feel running into this next week haha, AHHHH!!!



Comments