The Unknown

Well hello there friends! I wish I had a lot to say, but I don't really. I'll try to make something out of this, I promise!

Let's start off with something positive before Coronavirus comes in and ruins everything. So this week, we were able to work in our mountain area called Atalaia. We went there on Tuesday and a lot of what we do there is walk and walk and take in the view as we walk down the mountain to our appointments. It was raining and we were literally in a cloud, and me and my comp just sang songs and laughed and took dumb pictures and had the time of our lives, AHH it was the best!! I definitely needed a good, rainy, music-y day to calm me down and cure me a little bit :)

Lots of preparation has been in way over here. This week, we had to buy two weeks worth of food and water and we're just waiting to see what will happen with it. We might go into quarantine, we might not. The rumors over here spread like wildfire, but the actual movement is slow. So we just wait. And wait. But, the blessing is that we are still able to proselyte and help people. We don't have a whole lot of people progressing, and with the virus, it's getting really hard to be able to talk to them, but the little we are able to do makes the whole difference. 

There are some beautiful people here just looking and praying for answers, looking for God in all of this. It's been cool to be able to share this message of hope and light to them, it's beautiful how interesting times like these really do make people turn to their Maker, even our Heavenly Father. He has His arms stretched so wide so receive us, whether we're scared, confused, sad, and unsure of what to do. And He keeps His arms there and just asks us, begs us to come unto Him. There is a comfort and peace that comes from reaching out to Him in prayer and study that can't be found anywhere else. And now, I think we've got a little extra time on our hands to really find that out for ourselves, am I right or am I right? 

Stay close to the Lord. Prepare to receive light and hope as you turn to Him. He will never give you less, in fact He will always give you MORE, if you choose to see it that way :) I love you all, please stay safe!! You're in my prayers!

Love,
Sister Melo

Comments